Jump to navigation Jump to search
snowman (plural snowmen)
- A humanoid figure made with large snowballs stacked on each other. Human traits like a face and arms may be fashioned with sticks (arms), a carrot (nose), and stones or coal (eyes, mouth).
- (baseball, golf) A score of eight, especially within one inning (in baseball) or on one hole (in golf, where it is also known as dogballs).
- 2018, Andre Huu, The Round of Your Life: A Book on Golf and Life, Archway Publishing, →ISBN:
- For me, another blow-up score of a snowman, 8, seems about right on this hole.
- (slang) A playing card with the rank of eight.
- An attractive but heartless man.
- Coordinate term: ice queen
- 1961, John D. Loudermilktitle=The Great Snowman (lyrics and music), “(Please provide the song title)”:
- A few years ago there lived a lover
By the name of Jimmy Jones
Who really snowed the girls and left them cold
And gained the title of "The Great Snowman".
figure made of snow