Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Honest; honorable.
- He's a stand-up guy, and a hard worker.
- Upright; while standing.
- stand-up comedy
- Performed while standing although normally done while sitting.
- every morning we have a stand-up meeting
- (baseball, of a hit) That allows the batter to advance to a given base (usually second or third) without having to slide.
- stand-up double
- stand-up triple
- (uncountable) A performance of stand-up comedy; jokes delivered standing on a stage
- Sometimes the club has music, sometimes stand-up.
- (countable) A comedian who performs on stage.
- (countable) A short meeting performed while standing up.
- How come you weren't at the stand-up this morning?
- (countable) A free-standing photographic print or promotional item; a standee.