Jump to navigation Jump to search
stooge (plural stooges)
- One who knowingly allows himself or herself to be used for another's profit; a dupe.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:loyal follower
- (magic) A magician's assistant who pretends to be a member of the audience.
- (comedy) A straight man.
- A secret informant for police.
- (psychology) A confederate; a person who is secretly working for the researcher, unknown to the study participant.
- Synonym: confederate
One who knowingly allows himself or herself to be used for another's profit
straight man — see straight man
secret informant for police