Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: submergé
- (intransitive) To sink out of sight.
- The submarine submerged in the water.
- (transitive) To put into a liquid; to immerse; to plunge into and keep in.
- Synonym: immerse
- In films many people are murdered by being submerged in swimming pools.
- (transitive, figuratively) To be engulfed in or overwhelmed by something.
- Because of the death of his father, he is submerged in sorrow.
to immerse (intransitive)
to immerse (transitive)
- submerge at OneLook Dictionary Search
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of