- (intransitive) To yield to an overpowering force or overwhelming desire.
succumb to temptation
succumb under misfortunes
Thai culture as in many other Asian cultures, is succumbing to the influence of westernization.
2011 December 21, Tom Rostance, “Fulham 0 - 5 Man Utd”, in BBC Sport:
- Jones was called into action to deny Ruiz with a fine tackle before succumbing to his injury.
- (intransitive) To give up, or give in.
- (intransitive) To die.
succumb to pneumonia
- (transitive) To overwhelm or bring down.
- (die): See also Wikisaurus:die
to yield to an overpowering force or overwhelming desire
to give up, or give in