Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: swearword
- A word considered taboo and impolite or offensive.
- When I heard swear words from the next room, I decided to keep my distance.
- (in the singular): curse, curse word, cuss, dirty word, expletive, four-letter word, oath
- (in the plural): the plurals of all the synonyms for the singular form, as well as the following, which are all uncountable: bad language, French, strong language, swearing
- See also Thesaurus:swear word
impolite or offensive taboo word
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.