Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tabard (plural tabards)
- A silk banner attached to a bugle or trumpet.
- A woman's or girl's sleeveless jerkin or loose overgarment.
- (obsolete) A sleeveless garment made of coarse cloth formerly worn outdoors by the common people.
- (obsolete) A cape or tunic worn by a knight, emblazoned with the coat of arms of his king or queen on the front.
- (obsolete) A similar garment officially worn by a herald and emblazoned with his sovereign's coat of arms.
tabard m (plural tabards)