Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: tâmp
- This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
- (blasting) To plug up with clay, earth, dry sand, sod, or other material, as a hole bored in a rock, in order to prevent the force of the explosion from being misdirected.
- To drive in or pack down by frequent gentle strokes
- Tamp earth so as to make a smooth place.
- (sexual intercourse) To have the active role during sexual intercourse.
- (obscenity) A disrespectful obscenity.
to plug up with clay or other material
to pack down
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- The end, or end piece, of a rope
|Inflection of tamp|