Clipping of technology, technician, and technique.
tech (countable and uncountable, plural techs)
- (informal) technology
- (informal) technician
- 2014, Jeff Jacobson, Growth (page 23)
- A man dressed as a lab tech, his blue scrubs startlingly pale against the vivid red and black chaos, moved into sight from behind the SUV. He carried an assault rifle.
- (informal) technique
- (informal, used in titles) technical college
- Greenville Technical College is informally known as Greenville Tech.
From Proto-Celtic *tegos, from Proto-Indo-European *(s)tégos (“cover, roof”), from *steg- (“to cover”); cognate with Ancient Greek τέγος (tégos).
tech n (genitive tige or taige, nominative plural tige or taige)
- Synonyms: attrab, dom, lann, tegdais, treb
|Initial mutations of a following adjective:
- H = triggers aspiration
- L = triggers lenition
- N = triggers nasalization
|Old Irish mutation
pronounced with /d(ʲ)-/
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.