timmer (plural timmers)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
Ultimately from Proto-Germanic *timrą, from Proto-Indo-European *dem- (“build, house”) (see Proto-Indo-European *dṓm). Cognate with English timber, Scottish-English timmer (“timber”) and German Zimmer (“room”).
- (archaic) building, construction
- (archaic) construction work
- (archaic) room, chamber
- (archaic) act of building or carpenting
- (archaic) building material
- timber, log to be used in construction