Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for timmer in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- (archaic) building, construction
- (archaic) construction work
- (archaic) room, chamber
- (archaic) act of building or carpenting
- (archaic) building material
See etymology on the main entry.
timmer n, m
- building, construction (especially of wood)
- act of building
- material that a building is built out of
This noun needs an inflection-table template.
- “timmer (I)”, in Middelnederlandsch Woordenboek, 1929
- timber, log to be used in construction