toggle (plural toggles)
- (nautical) A wooden or metal pin, short rod, crosspiece or similar, fixed transversely in the eye of a rope or chain to be secured to any other loop, ring, or bight, e.g. a sea painter to a lifeboat.
- (in particular, fashion) A rod-shaped button bound with slack to the fabric.
- A toggle switch.
- A horizontal piece of wood that is placed on a door, flat, or other wooden structure, but is not on one of the edges of the structure.
- (skydiving) A loop of webbing or a dowel affixed to the end of the steering/brake lines of a parachute providing the pilot with a means of control.
pin, short rod or similar securing a loop in a rope or chain
toggle switch — see toggle switch
- to alternate between two positions using a single switch or lever.
- Clicking a button will alternately toggle its light on OR off.
- to switch between alternate states.
- toggle to lower/upper case
- You can quickly toggle the case of selected text by pressing Shift+C
to alternate between two positions using a single switch or lever
to switch between alternate states
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked