Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The horny, translucent, mottled covering of the carapace of the hawksbill turtle, used as a veneer etc.
- The hawksbill turtle.
- A domestic cat whose fur has black, brown and yellow markings.
- Any of several butterflies, mostly of the genus Nymphalis that have similar markings.
- (cat): tortie (colloquial)
covering of carapace of hawksbill turtle
tortoiseshell (not comparable)
- Made of the covering of carapace of hawksbill turtle.
- Having markings resembling covering of carapace of hawksbill turtle.
made of covering of carapace of hawksbill turtle