See also: touch down
touchdown (plural touchdowns)
- (American football, Canadian football) A six-point score occurring when the ball enters possession of a team's player in the opponent's end zone.
- Today I scored my first touchdown.
- (rugby) A defensive action of grounding the ball in the team’s own in-goal to stop the play
- (rugby) A try (scoring play of grounding the ball in the opposing team’s in-goal)
2011 February 13, Lyle Jackson, “Ireland 22-25 France”, in BBC:
- A first Test try by Fergus McFadden and a Tomas O'Leary touchdown helped Ireland to a 15-12 half-time lead.
- (aviation) The moment when an aircraft or spacecraft makes first or final contact with the ground during a landing.
- The passengers audibly relaxed at touchdown.
- (American football) touchdown
|Inflection of touchdown (Kotus type 5/risti, no gradation)|
touchdown m (plural touchdowns)