Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To shorten (something) by, or as if by, cutting part of it off.
- (mathematics, transitive) To shorten (a decimal number) by removing trailing (or leading) digits.
- (geometry) To replace a corner by a plane (or to make a similar change to a crystal).
- (mathematics): round down
shorten something as if by cutting off part of it
shorten a decimal number by removing trailing (or leading) digits; to chop
- (geometry): dual polyhedron
truncate (not comparable)
botany, anatomy: having an abrupt termination
- truncate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- truncate in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.