Jump to navigation Jump to search
tummy (plural tummies)
- (colloquial, often childish) Stomach or belly.
- Synonym: belly
- 2013, “Jubilee Street”, in Warren Ellis, Nick Cave (lyrics), Push the Sky Away, performed by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds:
- I got love in my tummy and a tiny little pain / And a ten ton catastrophe on a 60 pound chain
- 2019 December 16, Chesca & J Hause, “The Lies”, in Litter Box Comics:
- Oh man —pal! You didn't swallow that gum, did you?? It stays in your tummy for seven years and all the other bad stuff sticks to it and then a doctor has to cut it out with an axe!
- (US, slang) Protruding belly, paunch.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:paunch
- (informal) A woman's uterus, especially in reference to where a baby is carried.
- belly (referring to abdomen, not stomach)
childish language for stomach