Jump to navigation Jump to search
paunch (plural paunches)
- The first compartment of the stomach of a ruminant, the rumen.
- The belly of a human, especially a large, fat protruding one.
- Since retiring from athletics, you can notice his paunch.
- (nautical) A paunch mat.
- The thickened rim of a bell, struck by the clapper.
- (protruding belly): See also Thesaurus:paunch.
first stomach of ruminant; rumen
large, protruding belly
- To remove the internal organs of a ruminant, prior to eating.
to remove organs of a ruminant
- Alternative form of