Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ʌnˈfɔːtjʊnətli/, /ʌnˈfɔːt͡ʃənətli/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ʌnˈfɔɹt͡ʃənɪtli/
- Hyphenation: un‧for‧tu‧nate‧ly
Audio (US) (file)
- Happening through bad luck, or because of some unfortunate event.
- The houses which burned down could have been saved. Unfortunately, the fire truck had broken down on the way.
- Used (as a parenthetical word) to express disappointment, compassion, sorrow, regret or grief.
happening through bad luck