Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Proto-Cushitic. Cognates include Hadiyya iso, Saho úsuk, Sidamo isi and Somali isaga.
- Saytun Qhuraan kee kay maqnah tarjamaty Qafar afal tani [The clear Qur'an and its explanation translated into the Afar language], Suurat Al-Faatica, verse 4:
- Usuk (Yalla kinnuk) cisab kee galtoh Ayró (Qhiyaamah Ayró kinnuk) yamlike Rabbi kinni.
- He (God) who possesses the Day of reckoning and reward (the Day of Qhiyaama) is God.
Afar personal pronouns
- Mohamed Hassan Kamil (2015) L’afar: description grammaticale d’une langue couchitique (Djibouti, Erythrée et Ethiopie), Paris: Université Sorbonne Paris Cité (doctoral thesis)
From Proto-Inuit *ucuɣ (“penis, vagina, vulva”), from Proto-Eskimo *ucuɣ (“penis, vulva”). Compare utsuk (“vagina”).
usuk (plural usuit)
- 1992 August 21, “Usuni kipigaa”, in Atuagagdliutit, page 11:
- Qanittukkut aviisini eqqartorneqarpoq qallunaap usuni kipisimagaa nuliama itigartitsiuarnera naalliuutigingaaramiuk.
- Recently, there was a story in the papers about a Dane who cut off his penis because he was very pained by his wife's persistent rejections.
Declension of usuk
- Latin spelling of ᐅᓱᒃ (osok)
- usruk (Kobuk)
- Sidamo terms derived from Proto-Cushitic
- Afar terms with IPA pronunciation
- Afar lemmas
- Afar pronouns
- Afar personal pronouns
- Afar terms with quotations
- Greenlandic terms inherited from Proto-Inuit
- Greenlandic terms derived from Proto-Inuit
- Greenlandic terms derived from Proto-Eskimo
- Greenlandic lemmas
- Greenlandic nouns
- Greenlandic terms with quotations
- Inuktitut lemmas
- Inuktitut nouns
- Inuktitut terms in Latin script
- Inupiaq lemmas
- Inupiaq nouns
- Tausug lemmas
- Tausug nouns