Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Being or resembling a virgin.
- Uncontaminated or pure.
being or resembling virgin
virginal (plural virginal or virginals)
- (music) A musical instrument in the harpsichord family.
- 1932, Maurice Baring, chapter 16, in Friday's Business:
- His uncle, a Cardinal, engages a Spanish youth of Moorish descent called Diego, an expert singer and player on the virginal, to unlock the secrets of the heart, and to cleanse his bosom of the perilous stuff, and cure him by the spell of his music.
virginal m (plural virginaux)
- “virginal” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:virginal.
virginal (plural virginales)