Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Japanese shinjitai Simplified from 吳.
呉 (radical 30 口+4, 7 strokes, cangjie input 口女弓金 (RVNC))
- one of the Warring States
- the territory those states held, around the Yangtze delta
- the dialects of that territory, including Suzhounese and Shanghainese
- a Chinese surname
- a harbor in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 181, character 19
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 3365
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 1, page 595, character 8
- Unihan data for U+5449
呉(common “Jōyō” kanji)
- Japanese reading of the Chinese surname Wu.