This is the main category of the Proto-Celtic language, represented in Wiktionary by the code cel-pro. It is the reconstructed ancestor of all Celtic languages, written in Latin script.[edit family][edit script]
Proto-Celtic is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Celtic are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Celtic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Celtic.
- Category:cel-pro:All topics: Proto-Celtic words categorized by subject.
- Category:Proto-Celtic morphemes: Morphemes used to form Proto-Celtic words.
- Category:Proto-Celtic parts of speech: Proto-Celtic terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Requests (Proto-Celtic): Proto-Celtic entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:Proto-Celtic templates: Proto-Celtic templates with predefined content for similar functions.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Celtic language"
This category contains only the following page.