Proto-Celtic is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Celtic are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Celtic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Celtic.
- Category:Proto-Celtic lemmas: Proto-Celtic lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Celtic names: Proto-Celtic words that indicate names of individuals.
- Category:Proto-Celtic terms by etymology: Proto-Celtic terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Celtic: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Celtic in various specific languages.
- Category:cel-pro:All topics: Proto-Celtic words categorized by subject.
- Category:Requests (Proto-Celtic): Proto-Celtic entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:Proto-Celtic templates: Proto-Celtic templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.