From Old Portuguese albergar, from albergue (“hostel”) + -ar.
albergar (first-person singular present indicative albergo, past participle albergado)
- to lodge at a hostel
- (epidemiology) to harbour (to be the host of an organism)
- This is a regular verb of the -ar group.
- The last letter g is changed to gu, depending on the following vowel, resulting in these three possible sequences: -ga-, -gue- and -go-.
- Verbs with this conjugation include: apagar, cegar, esmagar, largar, navegar, resmungar, sugar.
albergar (first-person singular present albergo, first-person singular preterite albergué, past participle albergado)
- to house, shelter, lodge.
becomes a gu
Other verbs with this conjugation: