Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
establishment (plural establishments)
- The act of establishing; a ratifying or ordaining; settlement; confirmation.
- Since their establishment of the company in 1984, they have grown into a global business.
- The state of being established, founded, etc.; fixed state.
- The firm celebrated twenty years since their establishment by updating their look.
- That which is established; as a form of government, a permanent organization, business or force, or the place where one is permanently fixed for residence.
- Pedro's is a fine establishment serving a variety of delicious food.
- Exposing the shabby parts of the establishment.
- (slang) The establishment: the ruling class or authority group in a society; especially, an entrenched authority dedicated to preserving the status quo. Sometimes capitalized: the Establishment.
- It's often necessary to question the establishment to get things done.
Derived terms 
the act of establishing
the state of being established
that which is established
slang: the ruling class or authority group
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Declension of establishment (type risti)