Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Compare Indonesian kau.
- you (used in intransitive and stative sentences and transitive sentences with indefinite objects)
- Kao malangu hao? "Are you sick?"
- Kao chumocho hao esta? "Did you eat already?"
- Kao manaitai hao lepblo? "Did you read a book?"
- Nonstandard spelling of hāo.
- Nonstandard spelling of háo.
- Nonstandard spelling of hǎo.
- Nonstandard spelling of hào.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.