Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
transcendental (plural transcendentals)
- (philosophy) Concerned with the a priori or intuitive basis of knowledge, independent of experience.
- Superior, surpassing all others.
- Mystical or supernatural.
- (mathematics, number theory) Of, or relating to a number that is not the root of any polynomial that has positive degree and rational coefficients.
- (mathematics): algebraic
- (mathematics): irrational
Terms derived from transcendental
Terms etymologically related to transcendental
independent of experience