Jump to navigation Jump to search
しか (rōmaji shika)
- nothing but, only (with negative verb) (Note: since it's always used with a negative verb, another interpretation could be "except for", i.e. I didn't tell anybody except for him).
- Ganbaru shika nai.
- All we can do is keep on trying our best.
- (literally, “There is nothing but trying our best.”)
- Kuoriti ga takasugite honmono ni shika mienai.
- The quality is so high that it looks just like the real thing.
- (literally, “The quality is so high that I can't see it as anything except the real thing.”)
- だけ (dake)
- The Oxford Starter Japanese Dictionary. →ISBN