big; great; huge; large; major; wide; deep; oldest; eldest; doctor
to manage; to heed; to put in order; reason; logic; science; inner principle or structure
|simp. and trad.
- (～古城) Dali, a small town (now a major tourist destination) in Yunnan, China.
- (～市) Xiaguan, the larger nearby seat of government and industrial center which grew up along the roads to the old town.
- (～國) (historical) Dali Kingdom, a medieval state controlled from the old town.
- (～府) (historical) Dali Prefecture, the hinterland controlled by the old town under imperial China.
- (～白族自治州, ～州) Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture
- (old city as capital of an independent kingdom): 首府 (shǒufǔ)
- (new city, when distinguished from the old): 下关
- (kingdom): 大中國／大中国 (under Gao Shengtai); 後大理／后大理, 後理國／后理国 (after 1096)