Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 怨声载道
wail; lament; voice of complaintto carry; to convey; to loadto carry; to convey; to load; to hold; and; also; as well as; simultaneously; yeardirection; way; methoddirection; way; method; road; path; principle; truth; reason; skill; Tao (of Taoism); a measure word; to say; to speak; to talk trad. (怨聲載道) 怨聲 載 道 simp. (怨声载道) 怨声 载 道 Literally: “cries of complaint fill the roads”.
- public discontent is everywhere; discontent is publicly voiced; complaints rise all around
- 變法變得人心惶惶，怨聲載道。居然還找日本人當顧問。這不是引狼入室，請鬼來開藥方呢？ [MSC, trad.]
- From: The Firmament of the Pleiades
- Biànfǎ biàndé rénxīn huánghuáng, yuànshēngzǎidào. Jūrán hái zhǎo rìběnrén dāng gùwèn. Zhè bùshì yǐnlángrùshì, qǐngguǐláikāiyàofāng ne? [Pinyin]
- The administrative reform has turned public sentiment into fright that hue and cry can be heard from every corner. Yet you went to extremes to get a Japanese to serve as your adviser? Isn't this an act of leading a wolf into your chamber, inviting a ghost to write for you a medication order?
变法变得人心惶惶，怨声载道。居然还找日本人当顾问。这不是引狼入室，请鬼来开药方呢？ [MSC, simp.]