Variant of 鉤, via variation/corruption of phonetic 句 → 勾.
Phono-semantic compound (形聲): semantic 金 (“metal”) + phonetic 勾 (OC *koː, *koːs) – a metal hook. 勾 also has meaning of “hook”, from its semantic 勹, hence a metal (金) hook (勾, 勹).
鈎 (radical 167 金+4, 12 strokes, cangjie input 金心戈 (CPI) or XX金心戈 (XXCPI), composition ⿰釒勾)
- hook, barb
- stroke with
- KangXi: page 1298, character 14
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 40220
- Dae Jaweon: page 1801, character 7
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 4179, character 6
- Unihan data for U+920E
|For pronunciation and definitions of 鈎 – see 鉤.
(This character, 鈎, is a variant form of 鉤.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text