Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (sports) Abbreviation of Championship Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Circuit Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Competition Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Course Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Cup Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Canadian Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Commonwealth Record.
- Initialism of County Road.
- Initialism of Country Route.
- Initialism of Costa Rica.
- Initialism of Czech Republic.
- (Britain, rail transport) Initialism of Caledonian Railway.
- (computing) Initialism of carriage return.
- (linguistics) Initialism of clarification request.
- (medicine) Initialism of complete remission. (induced remission)
- (medicine, pharmacology) Initialism of controlled release.
- (Philippines) Abbreviation of comfort room: a public lavatory.
- (sports) Initialism of championship record or competition record.
- (US, law, politics) Initialism of continuing resolution.
- 2004, Allen Schick, The Federal Budget: Politics, Policy, Process, →ISBN, page 228:
- Most continuing resolutions are temporary measures that expire on the date specified in the CR, or are superseded by enactment of the regular appropriations act.
- 2008, Steven M. Gillon, The Pact: Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the Rivalry that Defined a Generation, →ISBN:
- A few days later in a meeting with the president, Clinton asked Gingrich for a continuing resolution (CR) to continue funding the government until they could work out a compromise. “If I go back and try to get a longterm CR without a budget from you, the next time you'll be dealing with Speaker Armey," he said.
- 2014, Robert E. Dewhirst & John David Rausch, Encyclopedia of the United States Congress, →ISBN, page 149:
- CRs are a common occurrence because it is highly unusual for Congress and the president to pass all 13 appropriations bills by the start of the new fiscal year.
- (linguistics: clarification request): CRification