- (sports) Abbreviation of Championship Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Circuit Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Competition Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Course Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Cup Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Canadian Record.
- (sports) Abbreviation of Commonwealth Record.
- Initialism of County Road.
- Initialism of Country Route.
- Initialism of Costa Rica.
- Initialism of Czech Republic.
- (Britain, rail transport) Initialism of Caledonian Railway.
- (computing) Initialism of carriage return.
- (linguistics) Initialism of clarification request.
- (medicine) Initialism of complete remission. (induced remission)
- (medicine, pharmacology) Initialism of controlled release.
- (Philippines) Abbreviation of comfort room: a public lavatory.
- (sports) Initialism of championship record or competition record.
- (US, law, politics) Initialism of continuing resolution.
2004, Allen Schick, The Federal Budget: Politics, Policy, Process, →ISBN, page 228:
- Most continuing resolutions are temporary measures that expire on the date specified in the CR, or are superseded by enactment of the regular appropriations act.
2008, Steven M. Gillon, The Pact: Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the Rivalry that Defined a Generation, →ISBN:
- A few days later in a meeting with the president, Clinton asked Gingrich for a continuing resolution (CR) to continue funding the government until they could work out a compromise. “If I go back and try to get a longterm CR without a budget from you, the next time you'll be dealing with Speaker Armey," he said.
2014, Robert E. Dewhirst & John David Rausch, Encyclopedia of the United States Congress, →ISBN, page 149:
- CRs are a common occurrence because it is highly unusual for Congress and the president to pass all 13 appropriations bills by the start of the new fiscal year.
- (linguistics: clarification request): CRification