Jump to navigation Jump to search
PB (plural PBs)
- Initialism of .
- (sports, speedrunning) Initialism of .
- (philately) Initialism of .
- (finance) Initialism of or prime brokerage.
- (usually intransitive, informal) To set a new personal best.
- 2012 September 8, Metrowebukmetro, quoting Ellie Simmonds, “Ellie Simmonds' father: My girl has made the world stop and think”, in Metro, archived from the original on 2015-11-04:
- Speaking after yesterday's race, Ellie, from Walsall, said: 'I would have loved to get the gold but you can't have everything. ¶ 'I've been PBing every time I swim so I can't ask for any more.'
- 2013 July 3, Owen Gibson, quoting Tyson Gay, “Tyson Gay gears up for showdown with Usain Bolt at world championships”, in Alan Rusbridger, editor, The Guardian, London: Guardian News & Media, →ISSN, →OCLC, archived from the original on 2016-10-18:
- "It's definitely a goal of mine because I haven't done a personal record in a long time. I'm definitely looking forward to PBing," said the American, who has run 9.75sec this year. "Hopefully the conditions will be good, my start's better and everything is working well so I can accomplish one of my goals."
- 2014 July 29, Sean Ingle, quoting Adam Gemili, “Commonwealth Games 2014: Adam Gemili keeps mind on track after silver”, in Alan Rusbridger, editor, The Guardian, London: Guardian News & Media, →ISSN, →OCLC, archived from the original on 2018-04-04:
- I'm only 20. Dwain Chambers is 36 now, Kim Collins is 38 and still PBing. These guys have long careers so hopefully I can push on and hope for something similar.
- Abbreviation of . (Brazilian state)