This template is used to create the headword line for Catalan verbs. It uses Module:ca-headword as a back-end.
Module:ca-headword supports a general set of parameters applicable to all Catalan headword-line templates. See there for more information. The following information applies to verbs specifically.
If the verb doesn't contain spaces (that is, it's not a phrasal verb) and ends in -r(e), -r-se or -re's, then the template will display the first-person singular present tense form and the past participle of the verb. The template can sometimes, but not always, automatically generate this form, if it is regular. In particular, the following rules apply:
- -ar verbs: The forms will end in -o and -at respectively, which is correct for almost all verbs.
- -ir verbs: The forms will end in -eixo and -it respectively. If the verb lacks the -eix- in the first form or has an irregular past participle, this needs to be overridden.
- Exception: forms will not be generated for verbs ending in -tenir or -venir, which are irregular. (Unfortunately, this also applies to rejovenir which is a regular -ir verb...)
- -er and -re verbs: No default form is automatically generated, because these verbs are mostly irregular. If not specified explicitly, the template will show a notice asking you to provide the forms.
If one of the two forms of a particular verb is irregular, or if no default forms are generated for a verb, use these two parameters to specify them:
- pres_1_sg= The first-person singular present form.
- past_part= The past participle form.