Jump to navigation Jump to search
- acclarar (obsolete)
- to clarify (to make sure something is understood correctly)
- to become or make clear, less dark
- (transitive) to clear (one’s throat)
- João aclarou sua garganta.
- John cleared his throat .
- Synonym: limpar a garganta
- (transitive) to make (one’s voice) clearer
- Antes de começar a falar, aclare sua voz.
- Before you begin talking, clear your voice.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb aclarar
- (to make or become less dark): escurecer
- “aclarar” in Dicionário Priberam da Língua Portuguesa.
- to clarify, clear (make clear or clearer)
- Hay que aclarar este asunto.
- This matter must be clarified.
- (transitive) to explain; to clarify
- Synonym: explicar
- to water down
- (Spain) to rinse (soap from hands)
- (intransitive, of the weather) to clear up
- Parece que el día aclara.
- The day seems to be clearing up.
- Synonym: escampar
- (reflexive) to set things straight, get things clear (in one's mind)
Conjugation of aclarar (See Appendix:Spanish verbs)
Selected combined forms of aclarar
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.