- fresh in his new apparel, proud and young
- At public devotion his resigned carriage made religion appear in the natural apparel of simplicity.
- A small ornamental piece of embroidery worn on albs and some other ecclesiastical vestments.
- (nautical) The furniture of a ship, such as masts, sails, rigging, anchors, guns, etc.
- See also Thesaurus:clothing
- (transitive) To furnish with apparatus; to equip; to fit out.
ships appareled to fight
- (transitive) To dress or clothe; to attire.
- They which are gorgeously appareled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts. --Luke vii. 25.
- (transitive) To dress with external ornaments; to cover with something ornamental
trees appareled with flowers
a garden appareled with greenery
to furnish with apparatus; to equip; to fit out
to dress or clothe
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.