Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ässets
- plural of
assets pl (normally plural, singular asset)
- (finance) Any property or object of value that one possesses, usually considered as applicable to the payment of one's debts.
- His assets are much greater than his liabilities.
- (accounting) The left side of a balance sheet.
- The assets must equal liabilities, otherwise there is an error in your balance sheet.
- (law) Sufficient estate; property sufficient in the hands of an executor or heir to pay the debts or legacies of the testator or ancestor to satisfy claims against it.
- Any goods or property properly available for the payment of a bankrupt's or a deceased person's obligations or debts.
- (slang, vulgar, usually in the plural) Private parts; a woman's breasts or buttocks, or a man's genitalia.
any property or object of value that one possesses — see also asset
the left side of a balance sheet