Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: back-side
backside (plural backsides)
- The back side of anything, the part opposite its front, particularly:
- The building's backside faced an alley and was covered in grime and graffiti.
- The back side of an estate: the backyard and outbuildings behind a main house, especially (Britain dialect, euphemistic) an outhouse.
- (euphemistic) The back side of a person: the buttocks.
- Having ridden the horse all day for the first time, I had painful blisters on my backside.
- (obsolete) The back side of a page: a verso.
- (figuratively) The reverse or opposite of anything.
- (outhouse): backhouse (US, Canada); see also Wikisaurus:bathroom
- (buttocks): rear; see also Wikisaurus:buttocks
- (verso): See verso
back side of something
- "backside, n." in the Oxford English Dictionary, Oxford: Oxford University Press.