Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
binominal (not comparable)
- (taxonomy) consisting of two names
- (taxonomy) pertaining to the noun binomen
- (taxonomy) pertaining to the nomenclature system for the rank of species in biological taxonomy
- The principle of binominal nomenclature is important in the ICZN.
- (taxonomy): binomial
binominal (plural binominals)
- (taxonomy) A scientific name, at the rank of species, with two terms: a generic name and a specific name.
- See species name for usage and example.
- (grammar) A construct involving two nouns or two names.