Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The process in which a mark, usually a symbol or ornamental pattern, is burned into the skin of a living person or animal.
- 1922, Dhalla, Maneckji Nusservanji, Zoroastrian Civilization, page 115:
- Punishment for theft was inflicted, either by fine, imprisonment, or hard labour, or by branding.
- 2008 May 18, Mitch Keller, “Ink-Stained and Loving It”, in New York Times:
- Tattoos, in particular, are not the radical brandings, the bold violations of flesh and propriety, they once were.
- The promotion of a commercial brand of product in order to give it greater public awareness.
branding m (plural brandings)