Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bream (plural bream or breams)
- A European fresh-water cyprinoid fish of the genus Abramis, little valued as food. Several species are known.
- (Britain) A species in that genus, Abramis brama.
- An American fresh-water fish, of various species of Lepomis and allied genera, which are also called sunfishes and pondfishes.
- A marine sparoid fish of the genus Pagellus, and allied genera. See sea bream.
- (Abramis brama): carp bream
fish of the genus Abramis
American fresh-water fish, of various species of Pomotis and allied genera
marine sparoid fish of the genus Pagellus, and allied genera