Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: bronco-
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbɹɑŋkoʊ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɹɒŋkəʊ/
- Rhymes: -ɒŋkəʊ
bronco (plural broncos)
- A horse of western North America that is wild or not fully broken.
1922, Sinclair Lewis, “19”, in Babbitt:
- Swollen with greatness, slightly afraid lest the noble blood of Nottingham change its mind and leave him at any street corner, Babbitt paraded with Sir Gerald Doak to the movie palace and in silent bliss sat beside him, trying not to be too enthusiastic, lest the knight despise his adoration of six-shooters and broncos.
bronco m (plural bronchi)
- obtuse (intellectually dull)
- English: bronco