Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alone; without assistance or help from others.
- I have always wondered why shoe salesmen think I can't tie my shoes by myself.
- You ate the whole thing by yourself?
- Alone, without another's immediate company.
- She sat by herself in the corner, waiting quietly.
- (rare) Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see by, oneself.
- He kept the gun by himself at all times.
- (alone): on one's own
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked