Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Caballero
- A horseman, particularly in the Latin American context
- 2007, January 26, “Roberta Smith”, in Outside In:
- Here we usually find the caballero aiming his pistol in one direction while pointing his reined-in steed in another, as if ready to wheel and dash to safety.
- A Spanish gentleman.
- A Spanish dance.
- (ll-y distinction) IPA(key): [ka.βaˈʎe.ɾo]
- (ll-y neutralization) IPA(key): [ka.βaˈʝe.ɾo]
- (Rioplatense) IPA(key): [ka.βaˈʃe.ɾo], [ka.βaˈʒe.ɾo]
caballero m (plural caballeros)
- (gentleman): señor
- (cowboy): vaquero, gaucho (Argentina), charro (Mexico), huaso (Chile)
- (horseman): jinete