Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable and uncountable, color) A greenish-blue color.
- 2014, William H. Gass, On Being Blue: A Philosophical Inquiry, page 59:
- For our blues we have the azures and ceruleans, lapis lazulis, the light and dusty, the powder blues, the deeps: royal, sapphire, navy, and marine […]
- (countable) Any of various lycaenid butterflies of the genus Jamides.
- 1920, Peter B. Kyne, chapter II, in The Understanding Heart:
- As far to the west as Monica could see, her world was a sea of fog, […] . Above it arched a cerulean sky; as the sun climbed to the zenith, […] , the fog gradually took on a bluish tinge.
- 1995, “The Hearts Filthy Lesson”, in 1. Outside, performed by David Bowie:
- Oh Ramona, if there was only some kind of future / And these cerulean skies / Something in our skies, something in our skies
- (blues) blue; Alice blue, aqua, aquamarine, azure, baby blue, beryl, bice, bice blue, blue green, blue violet, blueberry, cadet blue, Cambridge blue, cerulean, cobalt blue, Copenhagen blue, cornflower, cornflower blue, cyan, dark blue, Dodger blue, duck-egg blue, eggshell blue, electric-blue, gentian blue, ice blue, lapis lazuli, light blue, lovat, mazarine, midnight blue, navy, Nile blue, Oxford blue, peacock blue, petrol blue, powder blue, Prussian blue, robin's-egg blue, royal blue, sapphire, saxe blue, slate blue, sky blue, teal, turquoise, ultramarine, Wedgwood blue, zaffre (Category: en:Blues)