- teale (obsolete)
From Middle English tele, probably from an unrecorded Old English word *tǣle, cognate with West Frisian tjilling (“teal”), Middle Dutch teling ("teal"; Modern Dutch taling), Middle Low German telink, from Proto-Germanic *tailijaz. As the name of a shade of dark greenish-blue like the color patterns on the fowl's head and wings, it is attested from 1923.
- Rhymes: -iːl
teal (plural teals)
- Any of various small freshwater ducks of the genus Anas that are brightly coloured and have short necks.
- A dark, somewhat bluish-green colour; a dark cyan.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Having a bluish-green colour
|Colors in English · colors, colours (layout · text)|
|pink||orange||cream||lime||cyan||azure, sky blue||violet|
- (blues) blue; Alice blue, aqua, aquamarine, azure, baby blue, beryl, bice, bice blue, blue green, blue violet, blueberry, cadet blue, Cambridge blue, cerulean, cobalt blue, Copenhagen blue, cornflower, cornflower blue, cyan, Dodger blue, duck-egg blue, eggshell blue, electric-blue, gentian blue, ice blue, lapis lazuli, lovat, mazarine, midnight blue, navy, Nile blue, Oxford blue, peacock blue, petrol blue, powder blue, Prussian blue, robin's-egg blue, royal blue, sapphire, saxe blue, slate blue, sky blue, teal, turquoise, ultramarine, Wedgwood blue, zaffre (Category: en:Blues)