Jump to navigation Jump to search
- conhocer (obsolete)
- (transitive) to know (be acquainted or familiar with)
- Não conheço esse livro. ― I don’t know this book.
- Antonym: desconhecer
- (transitive) to meet; to get to know (to become acquainted with)
- Venha cá, quero que você conheça meu primo. ― Come here, I want you to meet my cousin.
- (ditransitive, with the indirect object taking como or por) to know as (to ascribe to something the title or quality of)
- Essa espécie é conhecida como Tringa totanus. ― This species is known as Tringa totanus.
- (archaic, transitive) to know (have sexual relations with)
- (law, transitive with de) to concede (to acknowledge an appeal)
- first-person singular (eu) personal infinitive of conhecer
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) personal infinitive of conhecer
- first-person singular (eu) future subjunctive of conhecer
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) future subjunctive of conhecer
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb conhecer
For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:conhecer.