- conhocer (obsolete)
- (transitive) to know (be acquainted or familiar with)
Não conheço esse livro.
- I don’t know this book.
- (transitive) to meet; to get to know (to become acquainted with)
Venha cá, quero que você conheça meu primo.
- Come here, I want you to meet my cousin.
- (ditransitive, with the indirect object taking como or por) to know as (to ascribe to something the title or quality of)
Essa espécie é conhecida como Tringa totanus.
- This species is known as Tringa totanus.
- (archaic, transitive) to know (to have sexual relations with)
- (law, transitive with de) to concede (to acknowledge an appeal)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb conhecer
For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:conhecer.
- (to have sex with): fazer sexo com, transar com, dormir com (euphemistic), foder (vulgar), comer (slang)
- (to know): desconhecer