Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Vast in quantity or number, profuse, abundant; taking place on a large scale.
- He drank a copious amount of vodka, and passed out.
- 1748, [David Hume], Philosophical Essays Concerning Human Understanding, London: […] A[ndrew] Millar, […], →OCLC:
- These loose hints I have thrown together, in order to excite the curiosity of philosophers, and beget a suspicion at least, if not a full persuasion, that this subject is very copious,
- Having an abundant supply.
- Full of thought, information, or matter; exuberant in words, expression, or style.
great in quantity
having an abundant supply
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- ^ “copious” in the Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, 1974 edition.