Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA(key): /deɪ ˈd͡ʒʊɹi/, /deɪ ˈd͡ʒʊəɹeɪ/, /di ˈd͡ʒʊɹi/, /di ˈd͡ʒʊɹ/, /di ˈʒʊɹ/
- (UK) IPA(key): /deɪ ˈd͡ʒʊəɹ(e)ɪ/
de jure (not comparable)
- By right; in accordance with or as deemed by the statute of the law; legally. Particularly as opposed to actual practice in reality.
- ^ “de jure”, in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary, 18 February 2020
- ^ “de jure” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- ^ “de jure”, in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 18 February 2020
- ^ John Bouvier (1914), Francis Rawle, editor, Bouvier's Law Dictionary and Concise Encyclopedia, volume 2, 8th edition, Kansas City, MO: Vernon Law Book Company, OCLC 875212404, Juris et de jure, page 1760
- de jure (according to the law)