Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Deliberately impassive or expressionless.
- Having such a face or look.
- The comedian remained deadpan.
deliberately impassive or expressionless (as a face or look)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- In a deadpan manner.
- 2004, Steven Greenhut, Abuse of Power: How the Government Misuses Eminent Domain:
- A city-hired consultant from a firm called Urban Futures was booed repeatedly by the agitated homeowners as he talked deadpan, in bureaucratese, about his firm's "evidentiary record" pointing to blight in the neighborhood.
in a deadpan manner
- A style of comedic delivery in which something humorous is said or done while not exhibiting a change in emotion or facial expression.
- To express (oneself) in an impassive or expressionless manner.
express in an expressionless manner