Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A state of dependence; a refusal to exercise initiative.
- Something dependent on, or subordinate to, something else:
- A colony, or a territory subject to rule by an external power.
- A dependence on a habit-forming substance such as a drug or alcohol; addiction.
- (computing) Reliance on the functionality provided by some other, external component.
- This library has dependencies on a lot of other libraries. We have to compile all of those other libraries first.
- (computing) An external component whose functionality is relied on.
- One of this library's dependencies is very finicky. It can be hard to get it to compile on some systems.
refusal to exercise initiative
something dependent or subordinate to something else
a colony or similar territory subject to rule by an external power