dismount (plural dismounts)
- (gymnastics) The part of a routine in which the gymnast detaches from an apparatus.
- It was a stylish routine, let down by a sloppy dismount.
part of gymnastics routine
- (transitive, intransitive) to (cause to) get off (something)
- She carefully dismounted from the horse.
- She carefully dismounted the horse.
- 2012, July 15. Richard Williams in Guardian Unlimited, Tour de France 2012: Carpet tacks cannot force Bradley Wiggins off track
- Cadel Evans was the first to suffer, quickly dismounting and waiting to take a bike from one of his BMC Racing team-mates, only to discover that the first of them had also punctured.
- (computing, transitive) to make a mounted drive unavailable for use
- The VMS operator tried to dismount the Unix hard drive with the DISMOUNT DISK$NFSMOUNT command, instead of umount /mnt/nfshome.
- To come down; to descend.
- But now the bright sun ginneth to dismount.
to get off
to remove (something) from its support